Monday 4 October 2010

ME AND MEDIA

As a GCSE student, I did both media and photography, and have grown a love for both. 
I've decided to carry on Media at AS, as I'm interested in creating a career in fashion buying and marketing. 
Consequently I have much interest in print work, such as design layouts, advertising, and I think my photography is a factor which will help me achieve in this.   
I'm without a doubt considering university, and a Fashion Marketing course is what I would absolutely love to pursue. 

Without seeming narrow minded or shallow, I believe my whole life - everyones life - revolves around the media. 
The obvious and most apparent factor of life would be appearance, as I think the media is what sets the standards for latest trends. Personally whenever I'm seeking for new, current fashion tips, I will turn to my favorite magazine for guidance. It does seems strange the amount of trust woman have in them, although I do find it comforting knowing that thousands of women do the exact the same thing as me, creating a reliance on high fashion magazines; Vogue, Elle. This being the reason why I want to be a part of the fashion industry, so I feel included in the 'trend setting'. 
On the other hand, more serious current affairs would not get to the public directly without the news; use of television and internet. These including such things as violence, war and political issues. 

I think media is such a vital part of life, and links all countries of the world together, as well as every single individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment