Saturday 15 January 2011

AS A STYLIST..

I have came to the conclusion that even though we initially decided to stick the the conventions of Film Noir through the styling, we realised realistically with funding it was nearly impossible. Despite this I believe with the resources we have we can still assemble a look resembling the 1940s, late 1950s. With our chosen femme fatale I have ran through some specific outfits with her and I think I may have found the perfect one!
I have chosen not black, but a still dark coloured floaty dress as it looked perfect with the fur coat we did indeed manage to get hold of. I've paired this with a opaque pair of black tights and some vintage brown loafers - as you can see this is where we have included a modern twist. But of course this is acceptable, as we originally decided our OTS wasin the style of neo-noir. However I think my styling of the hair and make-up will bring it back into the reality of the film noir era, as my group member Ellen Lowe said in her costume ideas '
Make-up will be based around the classic red lip and smokey eyes' 

We've tested thick layers of eyeliner which appeared to represent the look we were going for, as long as it still remained classy, along with a red lipstick, although we also tried a dark plum colour which looked just as suitable. 


This planning was beneficial as it has allowed us more time on the day - we'll be prepared. We can finally put all our practiced, developed ideas into action. 
The key was organization. 


Collaboration of pictures I gained inspiration from;

                                
 I added a modern twist to the style of our femme fatale, images like this have inspired me. I particularly love her hair, and the signature curved fringe. 


This is our directors input on the subject of styling; 
Authenticity of costumes

No comments:

Post a Comment